activemq-users mailing list archives

From yinghe0101 <yinghe0...@yahoo.com>
Subject gracefully stop ActiveMQ in a network of broker
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:40:23 GMT

hi, All,
first, I have a question. the setup I have is two pair of master/slave
running on different machines.
When I use activemq-admin.bat stop --jmxurl to stop one master, what happens
to the pending message in the queue on this stopped broker?

I have a requirement that when we need to maintain the server that hosts a
broker, we want to stop one broker in a way that it first stops accepting
new messages, then it forwards its pending queue messages to the other
broker and when all the pending messages are forwarded. it will stop its
network connector.

Is there any way to achieve the above? or I have to change the source to do
this.

Thank you.

best,
Ying