activemq-users mailing list archives

From JimmyYang <yangyang.perso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we send a JAVA object to ActiveMQ JMS Queue
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:41:27 GMT

 yes.
  but you need to implement the serializable interface for the object which
is sent to consumer.
  code example:

 /*the object you will be sent to consumer*/
  public class MSObject implements java.io.Serializable{
  }

  /*sending method*/
  private void sendObjectMessage() throws Exception {
		ActiveMQSession mysession = (ActiveMQSession) session;
		ObjectMessage msg = session.createObjectMessage();
		msg.setObject( new MSObject("first name","Jimmy") );
		msg.setJMSType(this.CMD_TYPE_MESSAGETYPE_OBJECT);
		producer.send(msg);
		if (transacted) {
			session.commit();
		}
		System.out.println("The object message has been sent to " + this.subject
				+ " queue.");
		Thread.sleep(sleepTime);
	}
    /*receiving method
    public void onMessage(Message message) {
        if (message instanceof ObjectMessage) {
		System.out.println("recevied a Object Message");
		ObjectMessage msg = (ObjectMessage)message;
		MSObject obj = (MSObject)msg.getObject();
		System.out.println("info: ");
		System.out.println("key: "+obj.getKey());
		System.out.println("value: "+obj.getValue());
	}
    }
        FYI,good luck! :)