activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <>
Subject Re: Fail-over and clustering architecture
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 18:08:51 GMT

In an AMQ master-slave configuration, the slave remains inactive (i.e., does
not accept client connections) until it becomes the master.  So given that
your two jetty servers will be processing client/http requests, you may want
to consider decoupling the AMQ brokers from the jetty servers. In other
words, have your AMQ master-slave brokers run 'standalone' as opposed to
'embedded' w/in your jetty servers.

        jetty          jetty

Your jetty-based AMQ clients would then use 'failover' transport connectors
to connect to your AMQ master-slave cluster.

Get a free ActiveMQ user guide @