activemq-users mailing list archives

From Robin Nagpal <>
Subject thread is stuck if activemq not started
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 08:13:04 GMT

Hi I am using this code to  create a session which I will use to create a

private ConnectionFactory cf=new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(AMQ_USER,
        private Connection connection = cf.createConnection();
        session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

now if I have not started activemq, the thread is stuck at the third line
I want either I should get an exception of I can configure a time out for
creation of session