activemq-users mailing list archives

From selezovikj <semir.elezo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons-logging conflict with failover
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:41:05 GMT

Yes, I am using the JMS appender and in the jndi.properties file I specify
"failover:(tcp://localhost:61617)" as the value for the providerURL.
I have a simple client logging messages using the JMS appender.
Commons-logging is logging to a jms appender when I am NOT using the
failover transport.
On the other hand, when I use log4j only, it successfully logs when I use
the failover transport.  This is the output I get when I only use log4j:

Nov 4, 2008 3:36:03 PM
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport doReconnect
INFO: Successfully connected to tcp://localhost:61617

I really really want to use the failover transport. Is there any way to fix
the problem you mentioned ?
If failover uses logging to indicate when it is connected and somehow
commons-logging does not allow this, is there a way to forcefully initialize
logging so that failover can log successfully  and not block ?

Thank you very much in advance