activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat6 + Spring 2.5 + ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:28:16 GMT
2008/10/16 Aakhunaten <akhnaton@gmail.com>:

> Thanks, James. That solved my issue. My pom.xml had only this dependency
> <dependency>
>            <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
>            <artifactId>geronimo-spec-j2ee</artifactId>
>            <version>1.4-rc4</version>
>            <scope>provided</scope>
>        </dependency>
>
> But that does not add geronimo-jta-*.jar
>
> So, I have added this to my pom.xml as wwell
>        <dependency>
>                <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>                <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>                <version>1.1.1</version>
>        </dependency>
>

> Quick question though, when you say that I do not require to start
> /bin/activemq, can another machine in the network consume/post messages to
> the queues in the embedded broker?

Absolutely - its the same Java code running in the embedded broker or
in the bin/activemq. The only difference really is what transport
connectors you enable; folks don't always expose TCP with embedded
brokers as they can use VM transports.

> With jetty, i could not do that for some
> reason, which is why I started running that instance of activemq as well.

It should be one or the other; either an embedded broker or stand
alone - you shouldn't have to run both (otherwise one of them is
probably not being used)

--
James
-------