activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Durable Queue
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:03:18 GMT
2008/10/8 Markus Wolf <markus.wolf@nmmn.com>:

> Hi,
>
> how does durable queues work?

They persist the message on disk or in a database.

> We have a requirement for passing large
> messages (size from 10k to 1mb) around using camel. In case of error in
> the processing the message is put to another queue.
> We do not want to send the messages multiple times over the wire if this
> is not required.

Consider putting the message on a server (HTTP/file/ftp) and sending a
URL to the payload?

> I've read that the durable queues pass around pointers. But thats all
> which is written on the doc-page for queues.
>
> How do I specify a queue or a message as durable

In JMS the producer defines if a message is durable or not. See
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-difference-between-persistent-and-non-persistent-delivery.html
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-disable-persistence.html

>  and how is it handled
> if the message is send to another queue?

Sending a message to another queue involves sending a message; copying
the message to the queue.

> Is it possible at all?

Yes
--