activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Passing in Session ID from client for REST based Messaging
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:56:58 GMT
2008/10/2 Dejan Bosanac <>:
> The first time you access some web app (REST servlet in this case), the
> session will be created by the server and a unique id will be associated
> to it. You'll get that info as a jsessionid (usually in a cookie) in a
> response to your request. For subsequent calls you have an option to
> pass that session id either in a cookie or as a URL parameter, but first
> you have to extract it.
> That's how session works and there is nothing we can do about it. So I
> think it would be easier for clients not supporting cookies to
> specifically define a consumer id and avoid using sessions at all.

Agreed. One day it'd be great to support a true hi-REST API for
ActiveMQ along these lines...

then folks could RESTfully interact in a reliable manner with ActiveMQ
in a clean hi-rest way without requiring cookies etc.

If anyone fancies taking a stab at this; please use JAX-RS which rocks
(and Jersey seems the best implementation around).

Open Source Integration

View raw message