activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Eirik Rønning" <larsei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Utf8 encoding with activemq 5.1
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:41:03 GMT
Sorry to bother you guys again. It seemed i jumped the conclusion to quickly
yesterday..
We have now tried the following:
A flex client sends a textmessage which we have verified is utf8.
When i save this string to file it seems that it has become latin1.. We do
this by using editpad to check the encoding and have it converty to latin.

What i have had to do is wrap this string to a new string with an explicit
encoding of utf8. This seems to work fine. However this is not an option as
the stomp protocol will be used to send this textmessage from php.
Do yuo have any good ideas on how we can solve this?

I need to be ablet use characters in utf8 to solve my problem.
Lars..

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Lars Eirik Rønning <larseirik@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think you are off the hook..;)Seems I need to create a new string which
> has the explicit utf8 encoding after i receive values from activemq.
>
> Thanks for helping
>

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Lars Eirik Rønning <larseirik@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> But does this mean that when sending something over the wire using either
>> stomp or the regual wiringmethod for activemq that values are not respected
>> as utf8?
>> This seems strange.. Am i the first one who experiences this here..?
>>
>> Please give me a url so i can file a case if needed.
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Dejan Bosanac <
>> dejan.bosanac@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you file a Jira issue, so somebody can take a look at it?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dejan Bosanac
>>>

>>> http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide