activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Eirik Rønning" <>
Subject Utf8 encoding with activemq 5.1
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:38:45 GMT
I have a servlet which receives a post containing a utf8 encoded string.
When this string is pushed to the que it seems to be stored as another
characterset. When i use jaxb to autoprocess the xml from the que, i get an
exception relating to byte offset.
So far what i have done is used an outputstreamwriter and reencoded the
string with utf8. This semmes to work.. However this is not what we want.

When the servlet or in production the php client sends something to the que
, the que is not respecting the utf8 encoding either.
The orignal message is sendt from flex (which always uses utf8).

Any easy fix for this? We would like to remoe the intermediate step where we
now have to reencode the string.. Is this a common problem?