activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JBoss Integration with Multiple ActiveMQ Instances
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:02:19 GMT
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:46 AM, wconroy <wconroy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the requirement to run 2 activeMQ instances that look identical as far
> as queue names go, but are different in that distinct applications will talk
> to each of them.
>
> I am using JBoss to create MDBs that listen to the applications and respond
> with a message back to the activeMQ instance that the MDB is reading from.
>
> I have it working with a single instance of activeMQ running.  I don't know
> how I can get a second MDB up and running now and have it connect to the
> second activeMQ.  In the ra.xml file, it seems like the resource can only be
> configured to talk to 1 activeMQ.
>
> Is there a suggested solution for this?  The only thing I have thought of is
> creating 2 different rar's each configured to talk to a single activeMQ, but
> this seems like it is not the right thing to do.

If you definitely want to speak with a different broker, then I
believe that's exactly what you must do. Each JCA resource adapter is
designed to communicate with only one enterprise information system.

I have zero detail on the design of your system, but have you
considered just letting the applications communicate with a single
broker and then just network two brokers together? ActiveMQ supports
what is known as a network of brokers, i.e., multiple brokers working
together in a federated manner. See the following page for more info:

http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

A network of brokers forwards messages between the brokers the brokers
based on configuration and demand for messages. This results in what
some folks call distributed destinations.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/