activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Determine if client recieved message
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:23:21 GMT
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM, yesnid <nsimi@pelco.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to determine if there is a way that a entity that sends a
> message can determine if it has been consumed by a client? I need to know if
> there is a way to determine if a message that I sent expires and also if it
> fails to be delivered,

Because the point of JMS is to completely detach the sender and
receiver, the only way I can think to determine whether a message was
properly consumed is by using request/reply messaging
(http://www.eaipatterns.com/RequestReplyJmsExample.html). If there is
a response back to the sender within X amount of time, then the sender
knows that the message did not expire.

> e.g. if the queue that it is headed to does not
> exist?

If the queue to which a message is being sent does not exist, ActiveMQ
will create the queue automatically, so you don't really need to worry
about that.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/