activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <>
Subject Re: Question about persistance of data
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:10:03 GMT
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM, jamh <> wrote:
> Hi,
> When I start activemq (v. 5.1.0), I always see a couple of queues and
> destinations that were previously created with the persistent flag, and I
> suspect they hold messages that were never consumed.  How do I get rid of
> these?  In the web admin interface I can purge/delete them, but on restart
> they re-appear.
> For example, is it safe to just delete the data directory on disk?

Yes, it's generally safe to delete the data directory ***if you don't
mind losing those messages***. E.g., it's very common to delete the
data directory while doing development because it will be
automatically recreated when ActiveMQ starts up.

Apache ActiveMQ -
Apache Camel -
Apache ServiceMix -

View raw message