activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async consumption of messages from any queue
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:13:49 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Ramesh Mandaleeka <hi2ramesh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using multiple reply queues and more or less the data format is same
> in all the reply queues. Is there a away to create a MessageListener with
> out mentioning the destination name?

MessageListeners are registered through the MessageConsumer, not via
the destination directly. But remember that because MessageListeners
are executed on the same thread by the session, the push of messages
in a concurrent manner to many MessageListeners only takes place if a
given JMS client utilizes multiple session objects.

> I saw
> org.apache.activemq.MessageAvailableListener  interface and I implemented
> this interface but I am not getting any notifications back. Do I need to do
> any extra registration or something to get the consumer information?
> onMessageAvailable(MessageConsumer consumer)

The MessageAvailableListener is only used for notification of messages
available for consumption, it won't actually do the consumption.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/