activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Over SMTP
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:25:47 GMT
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:46 AM, harpritt <harpritt@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Im very new to all this and will probably ask a stupid question, my
> appologies in advance.
>
> I have a remote location that only supports SMTP and would like to use a JMS
> implementaion to communicate with my remote applications.
>
> Can ActiveMQ be configured to support this requierment?
>
> FYI the remote location is a Ship.
>
> Many thanks in advance all and any help is appreciated

Although there is no SMTP transport for ActiveMQ, there is the Mail
component in Apache Camel that can easily bridge from SMTP and JMS.
More info is available here:

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/mail.html

And you can define Camel routes inside the ActiveMQ XML configuration
file. See the default configuration in conf/activemq.xml for an
example of how to use Camel in the ActiveMQ XML via the <camelContext>
element.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/