activemq-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin April <ben_ap...@trendmicro.com>
Subject Re: Problem with excludedDestinations
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:24:12 GMT
Joe Fernandez wrote:
> Ben,
>
> I just ran a quick test with my 5.1 setup and everything worked as expected.
> With the networkConnector below, only messages destined for queues with a
> prefix of "Q." were excluded from being forwarded and only messages destined
> for topics with a prefix of "local." were excluded.
>
> <networkConnector name="test1" uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)">
>         <excludedDestinations>
>          <queue physicalName="Q.>"/>
>          <topic physicalName="local.>"/>
>         </excludedDestinations>
> </networkConnector>
>
> Joe

Joe,

    I think I found the issue. I bet it will break and not forward
anything if you try:

        <excludedDestinations>
         <queue physicalName="local.>"/>
         <topic physicalName="local.>"/>
        </excludedDestinations>

  also with the sample config you provide a queue called local.foo will not be forwarded nor
will a topic with the name Q.foo. I can live with this result as I want to be able to say
anything starting with "local." is not forwarded, but I think the doc may be misleading here.

Thanks
ben