activemq-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin April <ben_ap...@trendmicro.com>
Subject Problem with excludedDestinations
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:49:03 GMT

Greetings,

I have 2 ActiveMQ nodes (both 5.1.0).  They are linked via static TCP
networkConnector statements:

[host-1]
 <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://10.0.0.202:61616)"
  name="host-2"
  dynamicOnly="true"
  conduitSubscriptions="false"
  decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
 </networkConnector>

[host-2]
 <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://10.0.0.201:61616)"
  name="host-1"
  dynamicOnly="true"
  conduitSubscriptions="false"
  decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
 </networkConnector>

Everything works fine. If Host-2 has a subscriber on topic foo and
someone sends a message to topic foo on host-1 the subscriber gets a copy.
When I add the following config things break down.

  <excludedDestinations>
   <queue physicalName="local.>"/>
   <topic physicalName="local.>"/>
  </excludedDestinations>

With no wildcards things work as I would expect. The listed topics or
queues are not propagated and topics not listed in the exclude directive
are propagated. However with wildcards NO topics or queue are
propagated. I also tried "local.*". According to
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html this should work.

Just for reference (I may have this part wrong) the entire
networkConnector block appears as follows with the exclude:

 <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://10.0.0.201:61616)"
  name="host-1"
  dynamicOnly="true"
  conduitSubscriptions="false"
  decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
  <excludedDestinations>
   <queue physicalName="local.>"/>
   <topic physicalName="local.>"/>
  </excludedDestinations>
 </networkConnector>

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks for any help

Ben

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject
to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify
us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.