activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Juan Backson" <juanback...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about implementing ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:57:47 GMT
Hi,
Thank you for your prompt response.  For the Java consumer, it will need to
do some DB processing, including removing a row from one table and then
adding another row to another table.  What to insert and remove depend on
the content of the message received.  I studied Camel, and it seems like
there is a Bean component which allows me to use POJO to do some processing
based on the message received.  Since it is more than purely storing
messages to DB, I am not sure if iBates can be used.

I see it is possible to write a Camel standalone app to listen on the topic,
but is it also possible to run it as some kind of hook to ActiveMQ so that I
don't need to manage an additional process?

I am going to run ActiveMQ inside jetty as a war file, as Jetty is already
part of my system already.  If I deploy ActiveMQ as a war inside Jetty, can
I still fire STOMP message to ActiveMQ?  Also, is it possible to deploy
Camel Bean component within Jetty as well?

Thanks again for all your great help.

Regards,
JB