activemq-users mailing list archives

From wconroy <>
Subject JBoss Integration with Multiple ActiveMQ Instances
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:46:45 GMT

I have the requirement to run 2 activeMQ instances that look identical as far
as queue names go, but are different in that distinct applications will talk
to each of them.

I am using JBoss to create MDBs that listen to the applications and respond
with a message back to the activeMQ instance that the MDB is reading from.

I have it working with a single instance of activeMQ running.  I don't know
how I can get a second MDB up and running now and have it connect to the
second activeMQ.  In the ra.xml file, it seems like the resource can only be
configured to talk to 1 activeMQ.

Is there a suggested solution for this?  The only thing I have thought of is
creating 2 different rar's each configured to talk to a single activeMQ, but
this seems like it is not the right thing to do.

I am using JBoss4.2.2 and activeMQ 5.1.0.