activemq-users mailing list archives

From mkeenan <kee...@p2sol.com>
Subject A question about prefetch with NMS
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:46:55 GMT

I'm using NMS version 1.1 and AMQ version 5.2

When I set the connection string in the client API to:

tcp://localhost:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.all=1

I *thought* that was going to give me a prefetch buffer of 1 for all
consumers.  Looking at the Subscribers in the JMX console the consumers have
the default prefetch of 1000.

In order to get the prefetch set I have to set it on all consumers, ex:

MyQueueName?consumer.prefetchSize=1

It would be nice to set it globally. Am I doing something wrong?  Could I be
setting this in the broker by putting jms.prefetchPolicy.all in the URI
attribute of the openwire transport connector?