activemq-users mailing list archives

From Maarten_D <maarten.dir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add simple service registry to ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:42:21 GMT

Hi Matthew & Joe,

Thanks for the tips. I looked into ZeroConf as well, but that feature of
ActiveMQ has almost no documentation, and the project that it relies on,
jmDNS, has literally no documentation that I could find. I'd rather go with
something that has a little more info about it out there.

A central DS seems like a good option, especially because JNDI is fairly
easy to work with. The only downside would be that binding Java objects to
be discovered basically makes the whole system Java only. As one of our
components is an MS Exchange plugin, that would be a problem.

I'm actually having a hard time figuring out what ServiceMix uses as its
service registry. Anyone know?

Regards,
Maarten