activemq-users mailing list archives

From selezovikj <semir.elezo...@gmail.com>
Subject Failover transport
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:56:32 GMT

I have a jms appender sending logging events to active mq broker. In the
jndi.properties I have the following provider url:

java.naming.provider.url =
failover:(tcp://localhost:61617,tcp://localhost:61616)?initialReconnectDelay=20&maxReconnectDelay=1000&randomize=false&maxReconnectAttempts=10

Since randomize is set to false, I am expecting it to connect to
tcp://localhost:61617 first. It attempts to connect to it, but I just get
the following message:

[2008-10-23 13:25:56,808]
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport DEBUG  - Waking up
reconnect task
[2008-10-23 13:25:56,813]
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport DEBUG  - Attempting
connect to: tcp://localhost:61617

When I set the providerURL in my jndi.properties to only
"tcp://localhost:61617", it connects successfully.
As I see in the TCP transport there is not an option that would make my jms
appender reconnect to the server, once the server is shut down and
restarted.

Any help with this ?