activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject how to debug message flow?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:33:55 GMT
Hello!

I created a Session with Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE, then created a queue and
a consumer using this session. I found if several producers are sending
messages to the queue, the onMessage method of the consumer is called each
time new message arrives. This happens even in case if the consumer never
sends the acknowledge with message.acknowledge() after the message is
processed.

The issue can not be reproduced with simple test I've made, and I believe
something is wrong with my application - but I can't really understand how and
from where the acknowledgement response may be sent by ActiveMQ. The code
doesn't differ much from the test one.

Turning the debug on doesn't help much - I can't see where the acknowledgement
is really occurs. So I would like to know how can I debug ActiveMQ itself and
find out where the acknowledge may occur.

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky