activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hans Bausewein <>
Subject Re: MDB sample available?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:56:58 GMT

ilango_g wrote:
> I have a couple of servlets right now. I only need to know how to create
> an MDB in ActiveMQ and how to have my servlets talking to the MDB.

JBoss has some MDB examples. You have to modify the deployment descriptor(s)
to use ActiveMQ instead of JBoss MQ. (the standard JBoss JMS provider)

If you do not like to have the ActiveMQ specific  <activation-config>  in
ejb-jar.xml you can also specify it in jboss.xml immediately after

You also have to configure and deploy the ActiveMQ resource adapter and link
the JBoss MDB invoker to it.

The servlet

If your servlet is running in JBoss, it's just a JMS client in a J2EE