activemq-users mailing list archives

From rajpreet <>
Subject Spring-JMS and reading messages from existing destinations in ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 00:55:41 GMT

So I am doing this in my code  to start a consumer, I use JmsTemplate to
create connectionFactory, then create a connection, do a start , obtain a
session , then create a consumer and set the Message Listener.

So far so good, I am using Active MQ as the JMS provider, now if I use bring
up my consumer for a destination(it's a queue) that is not created in
ActiveMQ , everything works fine. My consumer picks up the messages to sent
to the destination.

But the problem happens, when a queue is already created, when I start my
consumer the consumer doesn't listen to the queue and doesn't pick up
messages. Messages stay in the pending state. Is there a config I should
change or am I doing something wrong while creating the consumer ?

template.setSessionAcknowledgeMode(Session.CLIENT_ ACKNOWLEDGE);
ConnectionFactory factory = template.getConnectionFactory();
connection = factory.createConnection();

session = connection.createSession(false,

consumer = session.createConsumer(destination);