activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steven Van Loon <svanl...@invenso.com>
Subject Concurrent use of connections
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:06:10 GMT
Hi all,

Is anybody aware of possible problems when (re)using a same Connection to activeMQ by different
threads? According to the JMS specification, implementations should support concurrent use
of Connections, so I created one connection to be used by all consumer / producers.

However, I experienced the problem that from a certain moment, no more messages were read
from the queue although a lot of messages were still waiting. When another programs connects
to the queue and reads a message, it can still fetch messages. We were able to track down
the problem to activeMQ since using another queuing system solved the problem, it kept reading
all the messages, no matter how many were waiting on the queue. Eventually, making a connection
for each thread solved the problem also for activeMQ. Hence my question.

My apologies I can provide you only with a vague description of the problem and no test case
to reproduce the problem but I'm wondering whether anybody else experienced similar problems
and can provide me with more insight in the problem.

Thanks!
Steven.