activemq-users mailing list archives

From ilango_g <ilango...@yahoo.com>
Subject selecting an open-source JMS implementation
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:46:52 GMT

Hi
I have assumed so far that ActiveMQ is a JMS implementation just like
WebSphere MQ. Is that necessarily true?
Where I work, I have been assigned the task of implementing a simple JMS
application implementing queues and a recipient list. If I need to achieve
this, I want to build this using an opn-source product.
Does ActiveMQ fit the bill or is there another open-source JMS
implementation I should be considering?

Eventually I need to provide a stronger implementation based on WebSphere MQ
or WebLogic MQ or whatever.

Please advise
thanks