activemq-users mailing list archives

From victorbp <diabolik...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Blocked when memory is full
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:38:17 GMT

Thanks Rob!

Now I'm able to receive all the messages using disk spooling, but I see an
odd behaviour: when the memory is full and the broker starts to save the
messages in disk, I can see in JConsole that the MemoryPercentUsage property
increases significantly, much higher than 100% (In some test the value is
close to 3000%).

I'm not sure about this value, I guess that ActiveMQ takes all the space
(memory and disk) like the same and thats why I see this increase, but what
worries me is that once that the broker start to save in disk and the memory
is increased, it doesn't decrease, I mean, all the time is like the memory
was full, even if I don't send messages and all the previous messages was
consumed. Do you know if this is a normal behaviour or how can I decrease
this memory usage?

Thanks a lot!