activemq-users mailing list archives

From akkij <akash.j...@coreobjects.com>
Subject ActiveMQ deployment options
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:00:23 GMT

Hi,

We have decided to use ActiveMQ for asynchronous messaging involved in one
of our projects. I have been going through various documentation related to
ActiveMQ; however i am looking for a specific information which
unfortunately i couldn't get.

If i am not mistaken then ActiveMQ can be intalled as a standalone process
as well as embedded within tomcat server. If this is correct then i would
like to know which of these 2 options is better and why? What happens to the
Queue and Messages in case if ActiveMQ is embedded within tomcat and the
tomcat instance goes down?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Akash