activemq-users mailing list archives

From jenix <>
Subject Re: Which client language is better?
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 16:12:33 GMT

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the reply. The widget will not need to send binary data. I was
thinking AJAX (comet) maybe the best option but I am not sure what the
different languages can do or can do better than AJAX.

Most people have JS enabled. Flash is nice, but not sure if it would be as
lightweight as AJAX. As for java, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP ...
would not it be possible to keep the widget on our server and embed it in
the remote site web page? This would not be ideal but maybe an option for
easy remote installation. For embedding in a web page on a remote site is
AJAX the best way to keep the widget light and fast? Do any of the other
languages offer similar advantages as AJAX?

Thank you for you help.

Best regards,