activemq-users mailing list archives

From jenix <jenni...@digitalartwork.org>
Subject Which client language is better?
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:22:12 GMT

Hello,

I will be hiring a developer to develop a small (250 x 250 pixel) widget
that functions similar to a chat program. This widget will be distributed to
1000s of web sites and perhaps displayed on 10,000s of web pages. I would
like this widget to be lightweight, fast and easily installed.

The widget will stream grid data in real-time (ActiveMQ on the back end) but
will require user authentication for them to post.  The user will remain on
the remote site while the authentication is done.

If you were to develop such a widget, which language (ava, C, C++, C#, Ruby,
Perl, Python, PHP, OpenWire, Stomp, AJAX, Comet, etc.) would you use and
why?

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Jennifer