activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Active MQ 5.1 and Geronimo
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:39:30 GMT
In <19738546.post@talk.nabble.com> my_forum wrote:

>  Is there somewhere step-by-step instruction how to update
>  ActiveMQ for Geronimo from 4.x to 5.x?

As far as I've understood various mail threads about the issue,
it is very difficult to change/complement geronimo with a newer
release of activemq because some changes between 4.x and 5.x.
I'm sure the AMQ/G-devs would have done it long time ago if it
was a simple drop-in replacement.

The good news is that there is a ambition[0] to put the soon
released 5.2 into the upcoming geronimo 2.2. So with any luck
you can just wait around and Santa may bring you a neat x-mas
gift this year.

I'm not an actual AMQ or G-dev though, so this is just my
interpretation. So, frankly, it'd be fun to get some feedback,
if I'm anywhere close to the truth here. ;)

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4298

--
Fredrik Jonson