activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Durable subscriptions
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:26:04 GMT
2008/9/29 Yari Marchetti <yari.marchetti@staff.dada.net>:
> oki, this makes sense indeed, and now i understand why
> i keep on getting always the same message every time.
>
> But now my problem is on durable subscription because
> if i can't get messages that were delivered while i was
> disconnected. For example:
>
> 1) 'A' makes a durable subscription to 'test' topic and
>    disconnects.
> 2) 'B' send a message to 'test' topic
> 3) 'A' connects back as a durable subscriber for topic
>    'test'
>
> i would expect 'A' to receive the message 'B' sent, since
> it's a durable subscriber, but i don't get anything. am
> i missing something?

What you are doing should work if you use the exact same clientID and
durable subscriber name - and the message was sent persistent - and
you are using a broker with persistence enabled.

If all of these are true and its not working then something is odd
with your setup I think; what version? what code are you using to send
& consume etc?

--
James
-------