activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Client Pooling ( What to pool, Connections or sessions?)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:28:34 GMT
Everything Bruce just said plus...

2008/9/28 Andres Rangel <andresr@corp.moniker.com>:
> Hi,
> I am writting my on jms libraary for an internal application using java, and would like
to know what should I cache, connections or sessions (all from the same connection)?

> Also, would like to know if I have an application that would run indefinetely, should
I every so foten check the "status" or "health" of the connection? Similar as is done with
jdbc connections where the poolmgr make asimp[le query to check if the connection is active
or stale.

The failover transport in ActiveMQ already does this for you, so you
don't have to
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html
--
James