activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.0 & java applets
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:03:06 GMT
2008/9/18 nickso <knixon1@gmail.com>:

> Thanks for your help Bruce... but I've kicked a dead horse long enough. If
> anyone has any examples that I might try, please post them. If the bug is in
> log4j, then IMHO, I'd remove it because it's killing activemq.
> I'm not going the ajax route, and I need some near real-time messages pushed
> out to clients/applets. Polling is not an option for my app to work... guess
> I need to start writing some good 'ol fashioned sockets.
>
> I hope to hear what others have done. All ears here!

You could always create a simple STOMP applet using sockets in a few
hours for communicating to ActiveMQ - then you can miss out
commons-logging and log4j etc.
http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html

its pretty trivial to communicate with ActiveMQ over stomp by just
sending and receiving some text over a socket...
http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol

--
James
-------