activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discovering queues programmatically and dequeuing messages off of them
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:21:43 GMT
2008/9/17 kpalania <kpalania@yahoo.com>:

> I have a need to discover queues programmatically and dequeue messages off of
> them. In other words, I cannot make configuration changes to handle new JMS
> destinations and/or add new instances of the same listener. I basically need
> a way to have a process that dynamically discovers destinations (and
> identifies new ones as messages get sent to them) and dequeues messages off
> of them? What is the best approach for this? Any EIP pattern in place for
> this?

Maybe the messages just need a timeout on them so they disappear
eventually anyway?

You can use JMX to monitor destinations and browse/purge queues...
http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html

You can also listen to the DestinationSource on an ActiveMQConnection
to listen to new destinations being created and use the other advisory
messages to be aware of consumers and so forth.
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html
--
James
-------