activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting with Active MQ
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:48:43 GMT
2008/9/17 MonaTakle <mona.takle@rediffmail.com>:
> We are doing a project in java & using activemq as the broker. Can anyone
> please guide us how do we start with activemq?

If you're not really experienced with JMS, I'd recommend you skip
learning that (its kinda complex!) and just hide the middleware APIs
from your code...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/hiding-middleware.html

you can then start developing your application and use in-memory SEDA
queues to start with them move onto ActiveMQ without having to change
your code; just a different URL configuration option in your Spring
XML. The beauty of this approach is that your code will be using the
JMS properly, dealing correctly with session handling and transactions
and you won't hit your head on all the common gotchas with JMS

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration