activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help understanding Camel server and Client deployments
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:52:26 GMT
BTW there is a forum & mailing list for Camel specific questions...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/discussion-forums.html

2008/9/10 Mick Knutson <mickknutson@gmail.com>:
> I am looking through the examples, and they all package a jar, then run 'mvn
> camel:run' which, I assume is an embedded camel/amq server. Correct?
>
> If not, please tell me.

Most of the examples try to be a simple self contained demo so its
easy to run. But its pretty trivial to use camel as a client, in a
separate JVM to the message broker.

> If so, where can I find a tutorial on production deployments to my AMQ /
> Tomcat ?
> I really do not want to use embedded first, I want to use the full
> deployment mech.

Just treat Camel like any other Spring application; adding your Camel
XML inside your Spring /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml.

I've written a brief tutorial to give you an idea
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-on-using-camel-in-a-web-application.html

--
James
-------