activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message selectors + MDB
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:10:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:52 AM, my_forum <my_forum@ukr.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply!
> After some investigation I found out that message selectors is not actually
> what I need.
> I want to support dynamic number of priorities and working with selectors I
> will have to create "one bean declaration per priority".

Yes, that's correct.

> After reading through the forum I see that QM below 5.1 does not support
> queue priorities,

I'm not sure what you mean by queue priority. ActiveMQ has always
supported the JMSPriority property on a message because it comes
directly from the JMS spec.

> So I installed MQ 5.1 to my geronimo server and the only
> thing left to be done is to set up the JMS resource with
> oldestMessageWithLowestPriorityEvictionStrategy.

Make sure that's what you want for sure as a message eviction strategy
is going to discard messages (i.e., delete them).

> But the problem I have now that it complains while I'm trying to deploy JMS
> resource with BrokerXmlConfig property
> 'broker:xbean:file:///C:/broker-config.xml' with the exception
> javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
> org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Broker

Sounds like you already have an instance of ActiveMQ running before
5.1 is started. Did you undeploy the version of ActiveMQ that is part
of Geronimo before adding ActiveMQ 5.1?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/