activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Client Pooling ( What to pool, Connections or sessions?)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:58:48 GMT
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:28 AM, James Strachan
<james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything Bruce just said plus...
>
> 2008/9/28 Andres Rangel <andresr@corp.moniker.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I am writting my on jms libraary for an internal application using java, and would
like to know what should I cache, connections or sessions (all from the same connection)?

>> Also, would like to know if I have an application that would run indefinetely, should
I every so foten check the "status" or "health" of the connection? Similar as is done with
jdbc connections where the poolmgr make asimp[le query to check if the connection is active
or stale.

> The failover transport in ActiveMQ already does this for you, so you
> don't have to
> http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

Oh and BTW, please note James' gotachas with the Spring JMSTemplate:

http://activemq.apache.org/jmstemplate-gotchas.html

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/