activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Client Pooling ( What to pool, Connections or sessions?)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 03:35:04 GMT
On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Andres Rangel <andresr@corp.moniker.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am writting my on jms libraary for an internal application using java, and would like
to know what should I cache, connections or sessions (all from the same connection)?

> Also, would like to know if I have an application that would run indefinetely, should
I every so foten check the "status" or "health" of the connection? Similar as is done with
jdbc connections where the poolmgr make asimp[le query to check if the connection is active
or stale.

Why go to trouble of creating your own framework for this when the
Spring JMS APIs already handles all of these features and more for
you?

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/jms.html

Bruce
);'