activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data source configuration of Apache Derby Network ServerĀ“s with client driver
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:33:40 GMT
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:22 PM, zzztimbo <tim@chan.net> wrote:

> I have a similar setup, but I get this warning when starting up activemq.
>

> WARN  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver NOT recognized:
> [apache_derby_network_client_jdbc_driver].  Will
> use default JDBC implementation.
>
> I've read that you're supposed to explicitly specify the adaptor to use:
>
> <jdbcPersistenceAdapter
> adapterClass="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.ImageBasedJDBCAdaptor"/>
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-users/200705.mbox/<d256f9c80705060907p664a8f5dveb0c50f10a1f7105@mail.gmail.com>
>

> I have no clue where to place this in my activemq.xml file.

The <jdbcPersistenceAdapter> element must be placed inside the
<broker> element inside a <persistenceAdapter> element. Below is an
example:

<broker ...>
  <persistenceAdapter>
    <jdbcPersistenceAdapter ... />
  </persistenceAdapter>
</broker>

Please note that the use of the JDBC persistence adapter is going to
be much slower than journaled JDBC. And if you're using ActiveMQ 5.x
the AMQ store is even faster than journaled JDBC. For more
information, see the following:

http://activemq.apache.org/persistence.html

Bruce
);'