activemq-users mailing list archives

From Yari Marchetti <>
Subject Re: Durable subscriptions
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:22:59 GMT
oki, this makes sense indeed, and now i understand why
i keep on getting always the same message every time.

But now my problem is on durable subscription because
if i can't get messages that were delivered while i was
disconnected. For example:

1) 'A' makes a durable subscription to 'test' topic and
2) 'B' send a message to 'test' topic
3) 'A' connects back as a durable subscriber for topic

i would expect 'A' to receive the message 'B' sent, since
it's a durable subscriber, but i don't get anything. am
i missing something?

James Strachan ha scritto:
> subscription recovery policy is for non-durable topic subscribers
> 2008/9/26 Yari Marchetti <>:
>> Hi everyone,
>> i was playing with durable subscriptions and observed a
>> behavior that seems strange to me. I configured ActiveMQ
>> with
>> <fixedSizedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy maximumSize="32768" />
>> for every topic, and then created a durable subscriber for topic
>> "test" with a unique client-id and subscription name. Using a
>> producer i sent 3 messages to the "test" topic and by using web
>> console i was able to see that there were enqueued message for the
>> durable subscription, waiting to be delivered.
>> By using a durable consumer i was able to retrieve all of the 3
>> messages, acking them, and then disconnected the client. I
>> then retried to log on the broker with the same durable
>> subscription and surprising i received those 3 messages again.
>> i tried to look at JMS specifications but nothing it's unspecified. so:
>> Is this the normal behavior? i was expecting to not receive those
>> messages again since i got them, and acknowledged them. shouldn't
>> them be removed from the state when they are correctly delivered?
>> regards,
>> Yari

View raw message