activemq-users mailing list archives

From Yari Marchetti <yari.marche...@staff.dada.net>
Subject Durable subscriptions
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:32:06 GMT
Hi everyone,
i was playing with durable subscriptions and observed a
behavior that seems strange to me. I configured ActiveMQ
with

<fixedSizedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy maximumSize="32768" />

for every topic, and then created a durable subscriber for topic
"test" with a unique client-id and subscription name. Using a
producer i sent 3 messages to the "test" topic and by using web
console i was able to see that there were enqueued message for the
durable subscription, waiting to be delivered.

By using a durable consumer i was able to retrieve all of the 3
messages, acking them, and then disconnected the client. I
then retried to log on the broker with the same durable
subscription and surprising i received those 3 messages again.

i tried to look at JMS specifications but nothing it's unspecified. so:
Is this the normal behavior? i was expecting to not receive those
messages again since i got them, and acknowledged them. shouldn't
them be removed from the state when they are correctly delivered?

regards,
Yari