activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Tully" <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory Usage Question
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:51:48 GMT
yes. AMQ will try and utilise it available resources.
Checkout the default configuration[1], the systemUsage section:

 <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing
down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

This sets the default limits for the system as a whole. The
Destination specific policies allow more fine grained control.

see also: http://activemq.apache.org/javalangoutofmemory.html

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/assembly/src/release/conf/activemq.xml