activemq-users mailing list archives

From rmh1 <>
Subject Error starting ActiveMq - Could not start network bridge
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:51:37 GMT

Hi All,

I am new to ActiveMq, and have recently downloaded and unzipped the package.
I then ran it for the first time using the <activemq root>/bin/activemq
command from my command prompt (in windows) - activemq appeared to start
fine and I was able to use the web admin console to create/manage queues

I have come to use activemq again today and tried to start it in the same
way but i get an error:

INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - localhost bridge to Unknown stopped
INFO  DiscoveryNetworkConnector      - Establishing network connection
between from vm://localhost to tcp://HUB7140LHF:61616
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://localhost Started
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://localhost Stopped
WARN  DiscoveryNetworkConnector      - Could not start network bridge
between: vm://localhost and: tcp://HUB7140LHF:61616 due to:
Exception: HUB7140LHF

I am not trying to setup any networks etc(just running it as a broker
locally) and have not changed any of the config

Any ideas why this might be happening or how I can fix this?