activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Topic counts explanation
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:32:59 GMT

I'll take a stab at it ;)

EnqueueCount: The number of messages that have been written to the queue
over the lifetime of the queue.

DequeueCount: The number of messages that have been successfully (i.e.,
they’ve been acknowledged from the consumer) read off the queue over the
lifetime of the queue.

DispatchCount: The number of messages that have been dispatched (sent) to
the consumer over the lifetime of the queue. Note that dispatched messages
may not have all been acknowledged.

InFlightCount: The number of messages that have been dispatched and are
currently awaiting acknowledgment from the consumer.  So as this number
decreases, the DequeueCount increases.

QueueSize: The number of messages that currently reside in the queue.

AverageEnqueueTime: On average, the amount of time (ms) that messages
remained enqueued. Or average time it is taking the consumers to
successfully process messages.

MaxEnqueueTime: The maximum amount of time that messages remained enqueued.

MinEnqueueTime: The minimum amount of time that messages remained enqueued.

Joe
Get a free ActiveMQ user guide @ http://www.ttmsolutions.com