activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fuzzo <mcucc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby journaledJDBC persistence adapter never checkpoint!
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:56:50 GMT

I've tried with -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=false but without
results.

With help from Derby forum, the cause may be a long-running transaction that
is never committed and it blocks derby's checkpoint.
I thought it may be ActiveMQ database lock strategy but i have not any probe
(SELECT ... FOR UPDATE ?).

In fact, if i close all ActiveMQ instances the Derby db isn't closed
correctly with a checkpoint.

If i reopen the same DB with an SQL client (like ij, SQirreL, ...) the
recovery mode is called and a checkpoint is done immediatly, deleting all
log files except the last one!!!

See also  http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=19574483&framed=y
this thread  for details...

I hope someone can help me with this issue... Thanks!