activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fuzzo <mcucc...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby journaledJDBC persistence adapter never checkpoint!
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:24:05 GMT

Hi all!

I'm using ActiveMQ with journaledJDBC persistent adapter, configured like
this:
<persistenceAdapter>
    <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="\\path-to-shared-folder\activemq\db\" />
</persistenceAdapter>

At this location there are:
derbydb <dir>
journal   <dir>
derby.log

Inside derbydb/log there are a lot of files in format:
logn.dat (~1MB) where n is between 1 and, after a day, 892 for a total of
904MB of files!

Are these files the log of derby? Why it does not do the default checkpoint
after 10MB (ten log files)? There is a way to configure this?

The disk space on shared NAS isn't unlimited and ActiveMQ in my project is
intended for running 24/7!

ActiveMQ runs with 5 topics and 10 subscriptions, if this can help you to
solve my problem!

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: In the Java Service Wrapper configuration file used for AMQ, there is
this parameter -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true. Can it affect
derby checkpoint?