activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stu J <swj8...@googlemail.com>
Subject Active MQ over HTTP
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:43:13 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to get ActiveMQ 5 working using HTTP rather than TCP. I have
added the following to the activemq.xml configuration file:

<transportConnectors>
<transportConnector name="http" uri="http://localhost:8062"/>
</transportConnectors>

I am also attempting to modify the example files (Such as ProducerTool.java)
in order to have them send over HTTP, however I get the following output:

Connecting to URL: http://localhost:8062
Publishing a Message with size 255 to queue: HTTP_Test
Using non-persistent messages
Sleeping between publish 0 ms
Caught: javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create Transport. Reason:
java.io.IOException: Transport scheme NOT recognized: [http]
javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create Transport. Reason:
java.io.IOException: Transport scheme NOT recognized: [http]
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createTransport(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:237)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:250)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:222)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:170)
        at ActiveMQExamples.ProducerTool.run(ProducerTool.java:80)
etc

Where line 80 is

connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();

If anyone could give me a short example of how to do this properly or help
fix the problem I'd be very grateful. :-(